Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

Today, I write to you from one of my favorite cities in the U.S. I write to you from Denver, CO. It’s one of my favorite cities because it is absolutely gorgeous and I have wonderful friends that I stay with here. Memorial Day is a great day to enjoy with friends and I had the great honor to do that with very special friends who also took the time with me to remember what Memorial Day is really about.

Memorial Day is a day that was designed to honor those who have died for the United States and have served their country militarily. It is a very special day to me because I have a great love for this country and for those who have ensured its persistence of liberty. We live in a place that guarantees freedom and liberty for all, and that’s all guaranteed because of these men and women who have served, and many, given the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

Yesterday, a group of people on Orcas Island, WA expressed their hatred of our military and seemingly their own personal freedom. They went into a cemetery and burned the American flags decorating the grave and replaced them with white flags bearing the Nazi Swastika. In their own right, they are calling our military Nazis. If you want to know more information about the story, you can find it at www.foxnews.com.

It’s extremely frustrating to see my own countrymen sitting in their nice comfortable leather chairs criticizing, with no end, the war in Iraq and Bush’s foreign policies. Don’t let these few irrelevant idiots paint the picture of America’s views of our military and our freedom. If you are thankful for your freedom, take the time this week to thank a veteran.

God Bless the Troops!!

~Curtis~

1 comment:

Nancy Coppock said...

I agree entirely and we do thank our veterans around here. Sometimes I even practice "civil obedience" and fly the flag just because I want to. It makes me feel really radical and I enjoy that very much.

I saw your link at Discerning Texan. Check out my site. I have a series The Revolution that I think you would like.