Thursday, May 17, 2007

Whose Free Speech?

I’m am currently in beautiful Farmington, New Mexico. It’s very green here right now and the sun is shining. All right, on to the Politics…

Let me start today’s blog by saying that when I refer to the Constitution of the United States, I am referring to the rights of the American people. I’m not referring to terrorists detained by the U.S. I’m not referring to illegal immigrants. I’m referring only to the rights of the American people. I just wanted to make that clear from the start. Our Constitution does not extend arms to non-citizens. Now, on to what I have to say today.

Amendment I of the Bill of Rights states;

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

This states that you have freedom of religion without Governmental interference. This states that you have freedom of speech. This states that you can march in protest of a Governmental decision as long as you do it peacefully.

I feel that this Amendment is broken on a regular basis by Liberals. The ACLU, a Liberal group, fights against free speech of Conservatives and continues to fight for the free speech of Liberals. Well, they are halfway right.

The ACLU supports NAMBLA, CAIR, and has supported KKK. If you are unfamiliar with NAMBLA, it is an organization that teaches and encourages men to practice pedophilia. CAIR is an Islamic extremist group that hates America and has expressed it through their actions in the past. The ACLU also attacked Chief Justice Moore in Alabama who placed the Ten Commandments outside the local courthouse and they won the suit.

The ACLU is continually supported and used by the Liberals in our Country. Not all Democrats are for them, so I will continue to use the word Liberals.

The ACLU is not for free speech. They, like the Liberals, are only for the free speech of those who support their views. Is this what the Founding Fathers meant? You decide.

~Curtis

Refer to quote in upper left hand corner of page.

No comments: